We’re so thankful that you’re considering including The Compassionate Friends Queensland in your Will. To make it as simple as possible, we’ve provided some suggested wording below. Should you wish to make a gift to us as a bequest in a new Will or a Codicil to an existing Will, we recommend you seek specific personal advice from a solicitor. If you do make a bequest to TCFQ, please let us know, we’d like to thank you for thinking of us!
Suggested wording for your Will
I bequeath [choose one of : $x, x% of my estate, the remainder of my estate, the whole of my estate] to The Compassionate Friends Queensland Inc ABN 50 417 846 806 (“TCFQ”) for its general charitable purposes free of all duties, and I declare that the receipt of the Treasurer or other Authorised Officer of TCFQ at the time shall be full and sufficient discharge for my Executor(s).
How will your bequest help?
You can help us provide a range of programs and services to make a difference for families in need. Your bequest will go to services and support such as:
- Purchase of library books and other grief related resources
- Producing and printing the TCFQ Magazine
- Printing information brochures on grief
- Awareness raising activities in the community
- Conducting seminars and Workshops on Grief and Bereavement
- Holding memorial events such as the annual candlelight service
- Establishing support groups in regional and metropolitan areas of Queensland