TCFQ are conducting a series of short workshops to assist parents and families with bereavement and grief due to child loss. The workshops are held in the TCFQ Office and will usually follow a Weekend Support Group meeting. Workshops will include a light lunch giving an opportunity to continue discussion on the topic and to catch up with other bereaved families.
There is a small cost for each workshop
Aug 202128/08/2021 at 11:30 am - 12:30 pm – Workshop – Grief and Growth
Sep 202125/09/2021 at 11:30 am - 12:30 pm – Workshop – Caring For Your Heart Through Mindfulness
25/09/2021 at 11:30 am - 12:30 pm – Workshop – Nurturing the Tree – Strengthening Families After Loss
Oct 202130/10/2021 at 11:30 am - 12:30 pm – Workshop – Can Relationships Survive Death of a Child?
Nov 202127/11/2021 at 11:30 am - 12:30 pm – Workshop – Pictures in My Frame
- Jul 2021 Workshop – Consolations of SorrowIn this presentation, I share not only my experiences of the witnessing power of the written and spoken languages of grief, but also my arts-based responses to my enduring sorrow. In doing so, I put forward the hope that such enduring sorrow can be a consolatory companion of love.
- Aug 2021 Workshop – Grief and GrowthHow do we connect, rebuild and acknowledge growth after loss? As adults, we may resist processing our grief because it is often associated with pain. It makes sense to want to escape, resist feeling our emotions, and just allow our subconscious to deal with grief. But what happens when our inner-being rebels and demands our support and attention?
- Sep 2021 Workshop – Caring for Your Heart through MindfulnessWe all have our unique ways of coping with our loss. How do we learn to love ourselves and to let go, how do we learn to rest in the space of suffering and discomfort, how do we find ourselves and reconnect with our heart? This experiential workshop will introduce you to a Mindfulness Awareness Sitting practice through which you can learn to begin to allow yourself to rest in all that unfolds.
- Sep 2021 Workshop – Nurturing the Tree – Strengthening Families After LossFollowing a loss, why do some family relationships strengthen while others are challenged? The experience of loss is unique to all of us, as are the coping strategies we use. In this workshop, Michael will explore the ways in which the loss of a child may impact upon families, including using examples from his clinical practice.
- Oct 2021 Workshop – Can relationships survive the death of a child?When a child is critically ill and dies, or a sudden death happens, why do relationships alter? This talk will open the discussion about how the relationships change where some are broken, and others grow stronger. The relationships between siblings, friends, life partners, ex-life partners, and grandparents will be discussed. A mention to the often-un-spoken topic of intimacy between parents will also be part of the conversation.
- Nov 2021 Workshop – Pictures in My FrameThis workshop will help you to find ways to assist you when you are on your own and looks at some insights, strategies and reflections that Trish has found to be effective in navigating her grief after losing her seven-year-old son Thomas.