The Compassionate Friends Qld cares about the health, safety and welfare of all of its members, volunteers, staff as well as the general public. Our goal during the Coronavirus Pandemic is to ensure that we continue to support you as much as we can during these challenging times, while minimising the risk of anyone being exposed to the virus.
What this means for our Events and Services
Walk to remember
The 2020 Walk To Remember is postponed until a later date. (Yet to be determined.)
This is to ensure that when the Walk is held, it can conducted in a way that allows everyone to properly honour their loved ones and, to express mutual support without any impediment.
All in-person support group meetings are cancelled until at least the end of May 2020. We will advise closer to that time when these will recommence.
Note that we are now running online support group meetings
Will continue as normal. The 24 hour national help line 1300 064 068 will continue to be staffed.
See other ways to contact us on our contact page
New Farm Office
Will continue as normal. However, please see important health and safety measures below.
What this means for Staff, Volunteers and Visitors to TCF
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 1.5 metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, or shaking hands with others.
- Make sure you follow good hygiene and, encourage others to do the same. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and, disposing of used tissues immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell
- If you are, or are likely to be contagious, inform TCF as soon as possible – you will be required to stay at home.
- Seek medical advice promptly and follow the directions of your local health authority.
- Regularly check our website and Facebook page for up to date information.
- Stay calm, stay informed, be careful and be alert.
For more information
Because the situation can change so quickly, it is important that you check this website and our Facebook page regularly for up to date information on the TCF response to the Coronavirus.
For more information see the Queensland Governments Coronavirus health alert page